Friday, 29 July 2016

Creating More Concepts and Class Feedback


Week 2



In preperation for Thursdays class i have done multiple quick thumbnail concepts in order to generate a lot of ideas. I have used the research i've gathered to inspire my ideas. I thought about what symbols and metaphors I could use to represent 'rich' and 'poor' and to convey my idea across.




After completing a number of concepts, I drew a couple of the best ones up on A4 paper. I picked these 2 concepts as I thought they were both clear at portraying the idea that a small amount of people in New Zealand have a lot of wealth and power over a large amount of people who don't have a large amount of wealth and power. 




I received some useful feedback from the tutors which included thinking about simpler ways to convey my idea, also maybe thinking of more metaphors and ways of showing my idea without using the obvious symbols, like a dollar sign. It was also suggested I think of ways to incorporate something relating to New Zealand in my concepts. After talking to the tutors I realised I need to sort out exactly what I want to portray in my posters. I also need to work out 4 different angles to focus on  when creating 4 posters for Next week. I will continue to do research to ensure I am completely clear on what I want to show through my posters. I've also realised using an hourglass might not be the best way to show my idea as an hourglass represents time. It comes across as if our money is going to be completely gone and in the hands of the 'rich' in a matter of time, which was not my intent. I will continue to develop ideas and find inspiration to influence my concepts.






No comments:

Post a Comment