Sunday, 24 July 2016

Finding Inspiration

Week 1 


As I wasn't present for the first class I begun Thursdays class with some confusion as to what this paper was about. I joined a random group and listened to their conversations about whether New Zealand was an equal country or an Inequal country. I noted down important points from the debates which gave me a better understanding of the concept behind our posters. After Thursdays class I have been further researching the topics i'm interested in and gathering artist models and inspiration in preparation for the next class.

Here is a selection of some poster examples I found.

This clearly illustrates the differences between men and women
in the work force and the struggles women have in comparison to men. 
I liked this design as it is a clever way of showing an important issue.

I really like how the design uses only black and yellow. 
The negative space and simple symbols 
show the idea of gender inequality in the work force. 

This is a more comical approach to a significant issue 
and comes across humorous which is an idea i'd like to use.
It illustrates the idea of the pay gap between the rich and poor, 
or the government and the average person or student.

This is visually pleasing because of its asymmetry and use of white space, 
which makes the poster more engaging. This clearly shows what seems
to be the impossible path to gender equality. 
I like how the 2 symbolsused are the men and women ones, 
and how the used of scale illustrated the main idea.

This design suggests that women are 'walked all over by men'. 
This is very clear to understand with the use of symbols 
and scale to show the significance of gender inequality.

Again this illustrates the idea of the gap between the rich and the poor.
I like how a seesaw has been used to show the inequality, 
with the 'rich' weighing  down one side with the amount of money, 
heavier than the amount of people on the other end of the seesaw.

I will continue to find artist models and gather information until I narrow down the topic I want to focus own. Hopefully I will have a better understanding after the next class.




No comments:

Post a Comment