Sunday, 31 July 2016

Preparing for Interim Presentation 1

Week 2 - Preparation for Week 3


These are my 4 Poster concepts that I will present for the Interim presentation on Monday. I rendered them up on photoshop and illustrator in order to see what my ideas look like done in a more graphic way. I tried to make them all communicate a different idea and take on the feedback i have received so far. All of them show the idea of there being a lot more people with less money and a small amount of people with not much money. In my research I found a lot of info relating to this idea like the fact that 10% of the richest new Zealanders own 60% of New Zealands wealth.




I chose to use pigs as this is a good mataphor for greed and money. I have made one big large compared to the others as a symbol for the rich and helping the 'rich pig' are a number of smaller 'poor pigs'
which are feeding him and propping him up. This relates to the idea of the rich having it a lot easier than the poor and pretty much having money handed to them, whereas the poor have to work a lot harder. 

I used a large, powerful figure as the symbol for the rich which is showed through the clothing and scale.
The money coming out of the tap shows the person is in control of how much money everyone gets.
Along the bottom are lots of figures reaching up in hope of catching some money which shows there is only a limited amount of money for those who aren't rich.

I wanted to use a quote in this one to introduce a different idea. As said by the quote I made this poster about how thousands of people in New Zealand live in poverty. I added in the stack of cash with parliament on top to illustrate the rich and powerful. The guy relaxing and the quote 'well thats a shame!' show the idea that the government doesn't make much effort to help those in need and instead use their money and power for other things. I gathered this from my research as I found a page that talked about how john key stated New Zealand was an equal country and we haven't become more unequal. This poster shows its as if the government is ignoring this factor and are trying to convince themselves and everyone we are an equal country.

I wanted to make this poster simple and cleaner as a different approach to my designs. I took the simple idea of an iceberg and used this to show the different in tax rates between the rich and the poor. I found in my research that wealthy people are paying less tax then they should in comparison to others. Considering the amount of money they earn the tax they pay should be a lot more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment