Monday, 8 August 2016

Class Critique of Posters

Week 4


In class I talked to the tutors and other class mates about my posters and got some really helpful feedback which has allowed me to decide on which two poster concepts are working the best. Although these concepts need a lot of work and development, I now have more clarity as to what i need to focus on. 

After talking to everyone in class I realised these 2 posters aren't working as well as the others. The 'sharing is caring' one comes off a bit too dark and sinister and creates the feeling of suicide. The pig poster isn't that clear and can mean a lot of different things. 




The 'money is power' poster is working well as it is bold and aggresive. Although it was suggested i need to add more imagery and symbols in order to signify the rich having more power and money. I could do this by adding jewellery to the hand or incorporating text inside it in someway that would suggest wealth. I will work on some different ways of doing this poster, also focussing a lot more on visual style and FADPs.

My pig poster works as it is another way of showing that same concept in a more humorous and lighthearted way. I also need to work on my visual style with this one to push it further. Speaking to my partner who I paired up with in class, I need to ham up the idea of the fat, greedy, rich pig and play around with this concept a little more.



Overall I need to start thinking about my visual style and FADPs that will elevate my designs. I was quite interested in the style of the 'animal farm' book covers shown in todays lecture, so I might look into these further along with other artist models. I also need to think about linking my posters back to New Zealand in someway, maybe with a fact or some symbols.

No comments:

Post a Comment