Week 5 - Interim presentation
For this presentation we had to print our posters out at A2 and pin them up on the wall. After looking at everyones posters I am starting to get an idea for which ideas are working better than others, and how people have managed to portray their idea in a strong way. I like the scale on my posters and think it is really effective when seeing them at full size. I might make the tag line slightly bigger and play with texture a bit more.
We then split off into groups to critique each others posters and I received some really helpful feedback and tips on how to improve my posters. Both posters clearly illustrated my concept in a different way because of the imagery and and text used. It was suggested I use different imagery to represent the hand as rich, something instead of the bracelet. I was aware the bracelet was quite weak so it was very helpful to get suggestions for this. I could use a shirt cuff, and make it very crisp and clean. I could also add some money popping out of the cuff to solidify the idea of the hand being rich and powerful, although I might not need to go that literal. I was told I might not need the necklace on the pig so I might experiment some more with this. I also need more contrast in colours between the pigs and also in general across my posters. Experimenting more with written or painted text would be beneficial for the pig poster, also adding colour to the text in someway could help emphasise it. One of the tutors helped me realise I need to work on the layout for my pig poster as the tagline feels as of its not related to the rest of the poster. I need to add in more black down the bottom, maybe by moving the pig up, in order to move my tagline down.
I will continue to work on these posters taking the feedback on board for Thursdays class.


No comments:
Post a Comment